Electrical Testing & Inspection
Services for landlords, home owners and buinesses.
Electrical testing, inspection and fault finding.
Our electricians & engineers have worked hard to achieve their inspection and testing qualifications, combine that with years of experience and there’s little we haven’t been able to overcome when dealing with electrical testing.
A summary of landlords legal obligations:
- Mandatory 5 yearly electrical installation checks for Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs)
- The Landlord and Tenant Act 1985 requires landlords to keep installations in the property, including the supply of electricity, in good repair and proper working order
If your property is not an HMO, you are not legally obliged to do this. However, we recommend that a periodic inspection and test is carried out by a registered electrician on your rental properties at least every five years
- That any appliance provided is safe and has at least the CE marking (which is the manufacturer’s claim that it meets all the requirements of European law)
- building regulations since 2010 have required all circuits in new or rewired homes to comply with the wiring rules in BS 7671 and include the installation of a Residual Current Device (RCD) covering any new circuits in the consumer unit since July 2008
- local authorities have powers, through the Housing Act 2004, to take action where there are electrical hazards in a property
To meet these requirements a landlord will need to regularly carry out basic safety checks to ensure that the electrical installation and appliances are safe, working and meet current BS7671 18th Edition Regulations.
Legislation is constantly evolving, so please make sure you check with your local council as they are your local governing body.
Get in contact to discuss your property.
NAPIT is an organisation committed to householder safety in the domestic sector and ensures that through the competence of their registered installers, householders can be confident the work carried out on their home complies with the relevant regulations. Sound Electrical are very proud to be a part of the Napit Group.
No obligation. Let us come to you!